Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ima Crook... or I. Steele Dough.... or:

Federal Trade Commission member Orson Swindle, one of three Republicans on the panel, will resign at the end of June. Mr. Swindle has been with the agency for more than seven years. The White House hasn't yet picked a replacement.

I don't know anything about this guy, but I had to laugh at an FTC member with that last name.

Looks like the markets are a little friendlier today. I sold my stake in MCZ - wasn't going anywhere. Rather have the cash, with no risk, if MCZ isn't at least going to give me a little volatility! Everything else is pretty much steady, although NGPS is giving back some of yesterday's gains. I got in on the tail end of Toll Brothers' 6% gain (tail end being 2%) after they reported stellar earnings and raised their outlook this morning. I've lost $ on DNA since I bought it, but I think it will bounce into positive territory if the market continues to rally. CPN has been very good to me - almost 25% gain since WEDNESDAY MORNING! That's it - that's all I own right now. Looking for one or two more winners tomorrow and Tuesday to close this game out. Got any ideas? Post 'em here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got an idea: Buy Ford (F). I'm shorting them right now and losing.

P.S. I hate Ford