Thursday, March 02, 2006

You Can't Get Something For Nothing

It has been a month since the last post and for that I apologize. I have been taking two very demanding classes in my program. I hope to continue posting regularly in the future, but it may be sporadic until I graduate in May. Thank you for stopping by anyway.

Thomas Sowell posted a good article here stating the obvious in a very eloquent way, "You Can't Get Something for Nothing." In this multi-part series he uses real world examples, such as the auto workers union, teachers unions, and other monopolistic groups and explains their effects on those they seek to gain more from.

The specific example in the article deals mainly with GM and Toyota and sheds some light on a major factor in GM's rapidly decaying position and Toyota's steadily increasing position in the automobile market of the United States.

No comments: