Monday, January 09, 2006

Game: Set Economic Policy as the President of the US

This upcoming Spring semester I'll be taking two classes: Economics and a Summary class to fulfill the requirements for an MBA.

When browsing the website for the Economics class, I came across this game which allows you to test economic theory by setting certain macro-economic monetary indicators (such as the Congress, President or Federal Reserve would be able to do) to see what effects it has on the economy (and your popularity). Check out the game here.

I played it and cut taxes to 10% of GDP and spending to about 12% of GDP. I tweaked the money supply each year to keep inflation in check and overall I think I did pretty well. At the end of the sixteen years, I got 4th place, right behind President JFK/LBJ, Eisenhower and Clinton. Unfortunately, I left a deficit for my successor.

Play the game and let me know how you did.

No comments: