Friday, August 17, 2007

Everything You Need to Know from an MBA Education

When I graduated from the MBA program at the University of Iowa, I told some of my friends that I wanted to write down as much of the theories, equations, buzzwords and business knowledge someplace where I could look it up in the future. Preferably in HTML or in a Word document. Unfortunately, work and other life pursuits pushed this lofty ambition to the back of the line of things I'd like to do.

Fortunately, AgentDisco sent me a link to someone who has done just what I had hoped to do myself, expect they did a far better job. Valuebasedmanagement.net is an ugly page and is basically a list of hundreds of hyperlinked words and descriptions of everything I've learned in the MBA program. When you click on something like, "Cashflow from Operations" or "Theory of Constraints" or "SWOT Analysis" it gives you a simple definition of what that is, as well as a picture or two if applicable. There are also links at the bottom of each page to other areas of the internet for further reading.

I've added this site to the list of links so that if you read this page, you'll have easy access to this site in the future. Check out the site and many thanks to Agent Disco!

No comments: